The Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Small Animal Internal Medicine.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Primary didactic coursework
- Active participation in technical skills development for pre-clinical veterinary medical students.
- Involvement in the clinical activities of the School’s Small Animal Clinic is expected.
- Participation in university academic affairs is anticipated, as well as contributions of scholarly work in research.
Required qualifications include:
- DVM or equivalent degree; MS or PhD.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude toward student enrichment in all areas of academic and practical preparatory coursework.
To be considered at the Associate Professor level, candidates must:
- Be board certified.
- Have completed residency training program by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, or the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- In the process of taking or applying to take the board certification exam will be considered.
- Possesses a desire for contribution to scientific literature.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately.
St. George’s University is an international university located on the Caribbean island of Grenada. The School of Veterinary Medicine is part of a rapidly growing internationally renowned AVMA-accredited university located on the beautiful English-speaking Caribbean island of Grenada. The program offers three years of didactic course work in basic sciences and introductory clinical work in Grenada, followed by a fourth year of clinical training at affiliated veterinary schools in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada and Australia.
SGU is an EO / Equal Access Employer.
To submit an application click Application Form
Closing date: Until Position is filled
For further information, regarding this position, please contact:
Dr Rodolfo Bruhl-Day, Department Chair at email: email@example.com.