The Office of the Dean at St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, invites applicants for a full-time faculty position as a Senior Associate Dean, at the rank of ‘Full Professor’.
The candidate should possess a DVM degree or equivalent, relevant graduate degree, relevant administrative/management experience.
The Senior Associate Dean reports to the Dean and is primarily responsible for assisting the Dean in the provision of leadership within the School, including oversight of School planning, performance, and day to day management. The Senior Associate Dean position will be comprised of 75% administrative duties and 25% contribution to School mission, through instruction and/or research activities. In this regard, the incumbent will be appointed to one of the 4 Academic Departments of the SVM.
- Report to the Dean of SVM
- Undertake the Dean’s duties when the Dean is absent from the University. The extent of the decision making will be decided between the two officers as necessary.
- Represent the Dean of the SVM in interactions with the SVM Dean’s Council and the senior management of SGU.
- Oversee the implementation and advancement of the mission statement, goals and objectives for the SVM Departments.
- Participate in the development of the strategic direction of the School within the University’s context
- Assist the Dean in the implementation, development and monitoring of the School’s Strategic Plan
- Monitor, through the office of the Associate Dean Academics, the proper delivering, and improvement of the quality, of the undergraduate and graduate coursework programs.
- Participate as a member in, and contribute to the School’s and University committees as required.
- Oversee, through the Associate Dean of Students Office, the student advisory system within the School, ensuring adequate mechanisms for the management of student enquiries and complaints.
- Assist the Dean in the overall management of the School as the School’s Executive Dean.
- Assist the Dean with the ongoing compliance of the standards required to sustain the various accreditations of the School.
- Collaborate across the School facilitating administrative procedures, in areas such as research and service and outreach programs.
- Oversee the recruitment and promotion of SVM faculty.
- Observe the policies and procedures governing St. George’s University
- Any other duties assigned by the Dean of the SVM.
St. George’s University is a truly international institution located in the English-speaking Caribbean island nation of Grenada, attracting students from over 80 nations. It boasts a rapidly developing and expanding campus, designed to meet the needs of modern innovative instruction and affords a unique opportunity to work within a stimulating and rewarding multicultural environment alongside a dedicated faculty and enthusiastic student body. Grenada is a developing country which offers a warm and friendly welcome, comfortable lifestyle, and ample outdoor recreational opportunities.
To submit an application: Application Form
For further inquiries about the position, please contact Dr. Timothy Ogilvie, Dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine, at email@example.com.
Closing date: Until position is filled