The St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Small Animal Clinic (SAC).
The SAC functions as one of Grenada’s only full service small animal general practices which provides an educational venue for our third year DVM students. The SAC is open for emergencies daily with after hours’ services 24 hours a day 365 days per year.
The candidate is expected to:
- Work all year round and will join our team of 6 full time clinicians and support staff of 20 including technicians, assistants, and office staff.
- Work emergency and after hours’ shifts including but not limited to overnights and weekend.
- Enjoy working with veterinary students in a clinical educational setting.
- Participate in clinical and academic teaching services offered by the SAC including oversight and supervision of students while on companion animal medicine rotations, management of in house cases, outpatient procedures, medicine consultations, routine and emergency surgeries, and daily cage side rounds.
- Expected to participate in teaching clinical courses offered by the Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Department including but not limited to physical exam laboratories and rotations in medicine, surgery, emergency medicine, and shelter medicine.
Responsibilities of the successful applicant will include instruction of students in all aspects of general practice, companion animal medicine, surgery and emergency and critical care, clinical teaching of third year veterinary students, and primary case management and oversight of patients admitted to the SAC on a daily basis. The candidate is expected to perform any other duties as assigned by the SAC director.
Required qualifications include:
- DVM or equivalent degree plus MSc and Board Certification with at least 3-5 years of clinical practice experience. Preference will be given to those candidates with a background in small animal emergency medicine.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude toward student enrichment in all areas of academic and practical preparatory coursework.
To submit an application: Application
Closing date: July 20, 2017