The Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine at St. George’s University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Physiology at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor.
- DVM or equivalent degree and Ph.D. in Veterinary Physiology
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have a good research record and publications in peer-reviewed scientific, international journals
- To teach Physiology to professional veterinary students in both the DVM degree program and the pre-veterinary program
- To teach Veterinary Physiology to veterinary students and Pre-vet/foundation students
- Participate in collaborative research projects which provide student research opportunities
- Assist in developing graduate studies, teaching graduate courses, and supervising graduate student research activities
- Assist in conducting and grading of examinations in compliance with the SVM Examination Policy
- Take responsibility as an adviser of assigned students
- Participate in the development of the Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine and the St. George’s University
- Expected to serve on Departmental committees, SVM and University wide committees
- Contribute to Departmental activities, including university wide activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Department and/or Dean of the SVM.
The successful candidate shall be required to be involved in supervising research activities of graduate students and to be engaged in research efforts that provide avenues for veterinary student involvement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
St. George’s University is an international university located on the beautiful Caribbean island of Grenada. The University is an internationally recognized institution, attracting students from over 80 nations and boasting a new campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The School offers a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating multicultural environment (https://www.sgu.edu/life-at-sgu/index.html), alongside a dedicated faculty and a highly-motivated student body.
To submit an application: Click Application Form
Closing date: Until Filled
For further information regarding the position, please contact:
Dr. Sunil Gupta, Chair, Academic Recruitment Committee
Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology,