The Department of Business and Management Studies, School of Arts and Sciences invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor/Professor in Finance.
The Department of Business and Management Studies’ vision is to enhance and provide a stimulating University experience for its students, through an integrated approach that fuses knowledge, professional practice and research.
The Department is seeking a Professor/Associate Professor in Finance to contribute to the growth of the Department, further enhancing our academic reputation through excellent teaching, providing a stimulating learning experience underpinned by research and a variety of teaching methods.
- A Ph.D. or other equivalent doctorate level qualification in Finance or a related field is preferred. However, candidates currently serving at the Associate Professor Level who have an established publications record, a continuing program of research publishable in leading business/management journals, as well as a minimum of four (4) years relevant practical and professional experience, will be considered.
- Strongly demonstrated commitment to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels is required.
- Industry experience and membership of national/international professional and related organisations is highly valued.
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates would be considered in all areas of Finance. Those capable of teaching and researching across the discipline, in areas such as insurance, real estate, taxation, will be a plus.
- Faculty will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels delivered by the Department and, to teach on associated programs offered by the Department, as required.
- Conduct research publishable in leading business/management journals.
- Provide leadership in advancing the Faculty’s research agenda, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research.
- Contribute to the strategic development and /or delivery of a range of programmes in the faculty’s area(s) of specialization.
- Sustained contribution to professional practice in one’s area of specialization at the national/regional and international level.
- Engage with industry, business and the professions to ensure that curriculum is up to date and contribute to students’ employability.
- Participate in the University’s Committees and undertake administrative duties as directed by the Chair.
- To engage in other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Chair.
St. George’s University is a truly international institution located in the English-speaking Caribbean island of Grenada, attracting students from over 80 nations. It boasts a new, rapidly developing and expanding campus, designed to meet the needs of modern innovative instruction. The University includes internationally recognized Schools of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences, and a Graduate Studies Program. St. George’s University emphasizes the highest standards of teaching, while encouraging research and hosting the Windward Island Research Foundation (WINDREF) on campus.
To submit: Application
Closing date: November 31st 2017