St. George’s University
School of Medicine
- If you are a high school graduate (10+2) from India, you can obtain your Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree with St. George’s University School of Medicine in only 5 years. This is a postgraduate degree, comparable to you studying for an MBBS degree and then for a Master of Med Sciences degree, which would take you about 7-8 years to complete.
- On successful completion of the second year of the 4-year MD program, eligible students who fully meet all requirements will be awarded a Bachelor in Medical Sciences with Honors by our partner Northumbria University, UK.
- You can start your studies in India, Grenada, or in the UK, move to Grenada for the second year of Basic Sciences studies, and then spend the last two years of your degree doing clinical rotations in the US or UK.
- Our degree is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Study medicine in the UK, India, and Grenada, and complete your clinical rotations in our 70+ affiliated hospitals in the US or UK
Here are 8 unbeatable reasons why you should choose St. George’s University School of Medicine:
- We are the #1 international provider of physicians licensed in the US—more than any other non-US medical school in the world.*
- 1,124 graduates secured a residency in the US or Canada in 2020**
- A large network of 70+ hospitals in the US and UK for clinical rotations
- Our USMLE Step 1 first-time pass rate is 97% for non-US students. (based on 2019 results)
- Our alumni have practiced medicine at all Top 20 US Hospitals***
- You will obtain a Bachelor in Med Sciences with Honors after Year 2****
- 92% of eligible non-US 2020 graduates who applied for a US postgraduate position obtained one at the time of graduation.*****
- 8% of our current international medical students are from India
I gained a lot of practical experience and understanding of how US hospitals operate when I had a chance to do my clinical rotations in New York. The university’s wide accreditation is very impressive, and this was very important for me as I knew I want to have the ability to come back and contribute to my home country in the future.
Dr Arushee Jaini,
5-year Medicine program (MD-5),
SGU Class of 2019
Our School of Medicine was established in 1976 and is proud to have an international network of 18,000 MD graduates in the US and around the world, including a large community of alumni from India.
A welcoming and supportive international community, with 300+ alumni and 100+ current medical students from India
Our outstanding international student results and residency placement rates are the best testimony to the quality and integrity of our medical school. Today, we are welcoming the children and grandchildren of our alumni to our university, and often have cousins, siblings, and other relatives studying medicine with us at the same time. As any medical school requires a significant investment of time, money, and effort, we are very proud to enjoy such high levels of trust and to welcome new generations of future doctors from the same families every year. We hope to be able to welcome your family to our School of Medicine next.