Last updated on September 27th, 2021

Documentation for Students


All students must carry comprehensive health insurance for the duration of the academic year in which they are enrolled. Students can review the health insurance requirement and insurance plan details by logging onto the University Portal and clicking the Student Health Insurance Information link. Students can then enroll in the school sponsored plan by logging into the Enrollment / Waiver Portal and selecting their insurance option. Students who have existing health coverage must log into the Enrollment / Waiver Portal and submit their insurance details. Enrollment in the school sponsored plan or confirmation of existing coverage is required of all students.  Students whose coverage has expired during the year may enroll in the student plan by contacting within 30 days of the loss of coverage.


All matriculated students must complete a Health History form prior to registration and meet the requirements stated on the form. This form will give a record of previous illnesses and immunizations.

Throughout students’ matriculation, Health History forms must be current and verification must be provided, as determined by the University. Students who fail to fulfill these requirements may have their matriculation status suspended.  Medical records will be kept confidential and used only for valid University purposes. If a student is seeking

Students returning from a medical Leave of Absence must submit documentation of their health status for review by the Director of University Health Services one month prior to their intended return to the School. They should receive clearance from the Director of Health Services, which is then communicated to the Dean of Students Office.



All students must maintain an accurate record of their permanent address, emergency, and immigration information, including citizenship and passport or immigration number, with the Office of the University Registrar.

It is important to note there are three different types of addresses that are part of the students’ record:

  • Permanent Address – This is the address that is entered and recorded as part of the students file upon admission to SGU. The permanent address on file with the University is the only place to which the University will send ALL correspondence when students are not on campus.
  • Mailing Address – This address is where a student would like their mailing correspondence from SGU to be sent. It can be different from the Permanent and Local addresses.  When a change is needed it is entered and maintained by the OUR upon request.
  • Local Address – This address refers to the actual address of the student whilst registered for the semester at the various campus location sites. It is to be entered and maintained, semesterly by the student via in Banner and/or the Off Campus Housing application.


A change of address during a term, between terms, or while taking clinical clerkships must be filed in writing with the Office of the University .

It is especially important for medical and veterinary medical students on clinical clerkships to notify the Office of the University Registrar of any change of address during clinical .


Personal Contact information refers to a student’s telephone number and email address.

  • Telephone: Students must maintain active current and permanent phone numbers with the OUR so that they can be reached both when school is in session and during holidays.   It is to be entered and maintained, semesterly by the student via in Banner and/or the Off Campus Housing Application.
  • Email: The SGU assigned email accounts are the  official means of communication between students and the University. Students should ensure that their password remains secure and must not be shared with others.  Students are required to check their SGU email accounts frequently, as important student information will be  emailed there. Any information disseminated via  the students’ SGU email account will be the responsibility of the student whether or not they claim to have actually sent the email.
  • Website: The University from time to time may broadcast general University communications via the University website. Students may not use the public website for general communications. There are sites within the University Portal where students may post general announcements or messages.