Failure to comply with the traffic regulations, signs or car park policy will result in a Summons and may result in referral for additional disciplinary action.
Any person guilty of three (3) parking / traffic offenses within the semester will lose his or her decal and parking privilege until the end of the semester and may be referred to the Dean of Students Office for discipline.
In the case of students who are also employees of the University, written information will be forwarded to the Business Administrator’s Office and noted in employee records. In the case of faculty, written information will be forwarded to the Provost Office, and put into the employee file.
Fines will increase by $25 for each repeated offense of the same nature (e.g. $50, $75).
DPS can use the clamp at their discretion for any violation. Clamp removal: EC$ 75 (regardless of number of offenses).
Students found to have violated the SGU traffic and parking policy may be subject to referral to the Dean of Student’s Office for discipline and/or penalties. Violations may include, but are not limited to:
- No current SGU permit or decal EC$ 50
- Improper display of parking permits EC$ 50
- Parking in a location other than designated area according to permit (Mon-Fri, 6 am-6 pm) EC$ 50
- Parking in a No Parking Area, Disabled space or Visitor space EC$ 50
- Parking in a reserved Faculty/Administrator space EC$ 50
- Parking on lawns, sidewalk or grass EC$50
- Parking with an improper angle or using more than one spot EC$ 50
- Bicycles or motorbikes parked outside designated areas EC$ 50
- No license disk or insurance or registration plate EC$ 100
- Using a counterfeit or altered permit EC$ 100
- Insubordinate behavior, obscene language EC$ 100
- No Grenada driving license EC$ 100
- Failure to comply with traffic signage or officers direction, EC$100
- Speeding 15MPH speed limit EC$ 100
- Driving against the flow of traffic, EC$100.
- Violations not enumerated in this document will be fined at EC$50
PAYING/APPEALING VIOLATIONS AND PARKING FINES
Within 10 days of receiving a ticket, fines for vehicle or parking violations are paid to the Business Administrator’s Office in the Chancellery Building (open Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm).
Appeals regarding vehicle or parking violations may be directed to the Judiciary Panel. Details are available from the Business Office.
STUDENT SECURITY AND SAFETY
In the event of a suspected or apparent on-campus or off-campus crime, students should report matters immediately to the following authorities:
- Campus Security Emergency # 777, who will follow the protocols appropriate to the incident and will record the incident in a crime report.
- The appropriate police force or department.
Upon receipt of the Crime Report, Campus Security will take any appropriate or required action with the RGPF. Interim inquiries from students (or their relatives) should be directed to the Department of Public Safety (DPS).