School of Graduate Studies Admission
Application Process for All Programs Other Than MPH
To apply for admission into the St. George’s University School of Graduate Studies, please submit the following:
- Application fee: $50
- Check or money order made payable to St. George’s University; or
- Electronic payment via PayPal
- Passport-sized photograph with your name printed on the back
- Financial information
- Academic transcripts: Official degree-bearing transcripts must be submitted by the undergraduate institution. (If you are applying before completion of your undergraduate program, please provide current transcript.)
- Other academic work: Submit official transcripts of graduate course work, other coursework, or academic certificates from all other institutions attended.
- Standardized examination scores: Official scores must be sent directly to SGU by the testing agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted if English is not your principal language.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from professors.
- Essays: A personal statement with a maximum of 1,500 words.
Application for MPH Program
St. George’s University now participates in the centralized application service for schools accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
The Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) simplifies the process of applying to public health schools and programs. By using SOPHAS, you are able to complete one application and send one set of documents to the centralized service. SOPHAS will verify your coursework for accuracy, calculate your GPA, and send your application to as many public health schools and programs as you wish to designate who utilize the service.
ALL APPLICATIONS TO THE STAND ALONE (42 CREDIT) MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH MUST BE MADE THROUGH SOPHAS.
To begin your application please visit http://www.sophas.org/ and be sure to first carefully read all Frequently Asked Questions.
The Office of Admissions will acknowledge receipt of your application within two weeks of its arrival. You will be informed of any more required supporting documents at that time. You will receive notice when your application file is complete.
Within a month of receiving your complete application and supporting documentation, we will review your application to determine whether we will require an interview with you.
Interviews may be conducted in the United States, the United Kingdom, Africa, the Middle East, the Far East, the Caribbean or other locations that best serve the diverse applicant pool.
Admission Deadlines for August and May Enrollment
The Master of Public Health program begins classes in mid-August and again in mid-May. The Faculty Student Selection Committee utilizes a rolling admission policy; therefore applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. The final deadline for receipt of applications and all supporting documentation is June 15th of the current year for the August class and March 15th for the May class.
Prospective candidates should note that entering classes are highly competitive and applications completed early have the advantage of being reviewed at the beginning of the admissions process.
The time necessary to secure official transcripts, standardized test scores and letters of recommendation should be taken into consideration. The Committee reserves the right to defer an application to the following semester if there are no available seats.