Doctor of Medicine Program: Pathway to Matching
Students enrolled in our School of Medicine program spend two years studying the basic sciences, followed by access to clinical training opportunities at over 70 leading hospitals and health systems in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Entry points are available for students from any education system around the world—including a Four-year program for those entering with a traditional baccalaureate degree, and Five, Six, and Seven-year Preclinical programs for those entering with undergraduate degrees.
One MD Degree Program, Four Locations
St. George’s University is truly an international institution for your pursuit of an MD degree. Not only does it have a diverse student body and faculty but the unique opportunity for students to begin their medical education in Grenada, the United Kingdom, or India. The three paths feature the same curriculum and provide a strong foundation for SGU’s future physicians. The last two years have the option of doing clinical rotations either in the US or the UK.
FAQS About Medical School
What percentage of students pass the USMLE, and what do they typically score?
What are the requirements to get into SGU Medical School?
How much does medical school at SGU cost?
SGU is a Caribbean Medical School - is it easier to get into SGU vs other med schools?
Do I have what it takes to get into medical school?
- Strong grades, especially in science courses. The average GPA for students accepted into medical school is 3.7.
- An above-average MCAT score. The average MCAT score for test-takers is 506, but the average MCAT score of accepted medical students is 511.
- Solid references from professors and individuals in your life.
- Some quality volunteer experience.
- A stand-out personal statement and essays.
How long does it take to start my career as a doctor?