MD/MPH Dual Degree
Improving Global Health at the Local Level
Prepare for a career in public health with the strength of SGU’s Doctor of Medicine (MD) program combined with our Master of Public Health (MPH) program.
SGU’s MD/MPH dual degree offers a unique prospective on integrating medical care at both a universal and a patient level. Embrace a definition of public health that capture the unique characteristics of the field (e.g., populations focused, community-oriented, prevention-motivated and rooted in social justice) and how these contribute to professional practice
The MD/MPH professional will have the credentials and expertise to interface as a multidisciplinary and inter-professional public health practitioner.
In addition to your medical coursework, the public health degree will present you the fundamentals of epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy and management, social and behavioral sciences, and environmental health.
- Medical students can earn the MD degree and the MPH degree in tandem
- Integrate and apply general biological, microbiological, and parasitological concepts into public health research and practice
- Identify and address the ethical and social issues implied by public health biology
- Utilize evidence-based medicine concepts to inform public health policies and regulations
- Apply the relationships between nutrition, physical activity, and public health
At a Glance
Next Start Date