The interview is your opportunity to demonstrate how your journey has prepared you for success as a medical student and for a lifelong commitment to excellence in the field of medicine. Through dialogue with our professional interview team, you are able to explore the lessons you have learned from your challenges and highlight the experiences that will guide you in being a compassionate, dedicated, and outstanding physician.
As part of our commitment to supporting students throughout the process, we invite you to review the following information to assist in preparing for and making the most of your interview experience.
How to prepare for your medical school interview
- Review our student selection criteria and think of examples of how your academic preparation, interests, and life experiences align with these attributes.
- Be prepared to discuss what you have learned from any academic challenges you have experienced and strategies for success you have developed in moving forward
- Ensure that you set aside a quiet space and test your device for camera and sound quality. This will help you feel confident in starting your interview on time and ready to engage in conversation with the interviewer.
- Bring your best self to the discussion by dressing professionally, sharing your strengths, and demonstrating an openness to learn from the medical school experience and interaction with faculty, peers, and patients
- Take advantage of the support provided by the admissions team and reach out with any questions you have in selecting the date and time for your interview