Rodolfo Bruhl-Day, DVM (Hons), ChD. SAS, Dipl. CLOVE, Ed.D., Cert. SAS (ST)
Department Chair and Professor– Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
Dr. Rodolfo Bruhl-Day has been a professor of Small Animal Surgery in the Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery since 2008. He has chaired the department since 2008. Prior to joining St. George’s University, Dr. Bruhl-Day was Professor of Surgery and Director of the Small Animal Clinic at Ross University in St. Kitts, West Indies. He previously worked as an Adjunct Professor of Small Animal Surgery, and Assistant Professor of Anatomy at the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Dr. Bruhl-Day received his Med Vet degree cum laude from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Argentina, in 1977. Five years later, he started his specialization in small animal surgery at the University of California Davis, where he completed in 1984 a small animal surgery residency. In 1998, Dr. Bruhl-Day was designated Charter Diplomate in Small Animal Surgery by UBA, and in 2002 he obtained his degree of Diplomate of the College of Latin-American Veterinary Ophthalmologists. In 2000, he attained his Education Degree as a Specialist in University Teaching, with orientation to Veterinary and Biological Sciences, from UBA. In 2017, he obtained his Certification as Small Animal Surgery Specialist (Soft Tissue) from the Professional Council of Veterinarians from Argentina.
During his tenure at SGU SVM, Dr. Bruhl Day has participated in and published several surgery related books.
* Veterinary Surgical Preparation and Protocol , C. Pasquini (Editor), SUDZ Editor, 2011.
* Surgery Atlas, The Thorax. Jose Rodriguez Gomez (Editor and Chief of Surgery UZAR), Spain. Published by Grupo Asis Biomedia. Zaragoza, Spain 2013.
* Surgery Atlas, The GI Tract-Clinical Cases. R. Bruhl Day (Editor), Published by Grupo Asis Biomedia. Zaragoza, Spain 2015.
Translated into Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
* Errors and Complications in Surgery, R. Bruhl Day (Editor), Published by Grupo Asis Biomedia. Zaragoza, Spain 2017.
Translated into Spanish, Japanese, Czcheck and Turkish
* Cirugia Oncologica (Oncology Surgery). R. Bruhl Day (Editor), Published by Grupo Asis Biomedia. Zaragoza, Spain 2020. Being translated into English, 2021.
Dr. Bruhl-Day’s areas of interest are wound healing, thoracic, GI, and plastic/reconstructive surgery. Also, development of simulation models for instruction.