https://www.sgu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Sophie_Moittie-1.png 300 271 szur https://www.sgu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/sgu-logo-grenada.svg szur2021-07-06 16:34:122021-11-27 09:52:22Sophie Moittie
Sophie Moittie, DVM, DVetMed
- DVM (Lic Vet): Murcia (Spain) 2003-2009
- DVetMed: Nottingham, UK 2017-2021
Professional Expertise, Interests and Research Areas
- From studying Adélie penguins in Antartica to rehabilitating chimpanzees Sierra Leone, Sophie worked for the past 12 years in wildlife medicine, research and conservation. She completed an ECZM residency in zoo health management in the UK coupled with a postgraduate research degree in great ape cardiac diseases.
- Her research interests are wildlife and exotic animal diseases, clinical pathology, anesthesia and nutrition.
Personal Background and Interests
- Sophie enjoys traveling to watch wildlife and discover new cultures.
- She is keen on all kind of water sports including scuba diving, swimming and wakeboarding.