The MacAndrew Scholarship seeks to make tertiary education possible for some of Grenada’s top scholars who might otherwise be unable to attend university. This Scholarship Program is a collaboration between the Sandals Foundation and St. George’s University (SGU).
Recipients, who must be resident Grenadian citizens, will be able to utilize these full and partial tuition scholarships in order to pursue the specified undergraduate and graduate degrees within the Schools of Arts and Sciences and Graduate Studies at SGU. The MacAndrew Scholarships are designed to foster Grenada’s development by investing in building the human resource capacity in three key areas critical to national development. The MacAndrew Scholarship complements the need-based Grenadian Partnership Agreement (GPA) bursary already offered by the University.
Awardees will be selected from among students accepted to the following Programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Master of Education in Curriculum, Pedagogy and Leadership
Award determinations are made by the MacAndrew Scholarship Committee based primarily on academic excellence and the student’s commitment to the chosen discipline. This award seeks to nurture and encourage more students of superior academic caliber to strike out and impact Grenada’s development.
- Acceptance to St. George’s University’s School of Arts and Sciences with an identified major in Marine Biology or Tourism and Hospitality Management or the School of Graduate Studies’ Master of Education Program.
- Grenadian citizens who have been resident in Grenada for at least the previous 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Essay: ‘How do you envision using a degree in your discipline of study to help Grenada become more competitive in an interdependent world?’
- Certificates (CXC, CAPE, Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree, etc) and transcripts from all previous secondary and tertiary institutions.
- Application Deadline: July 31st