Adjusting to life in Grenada? Drop in to the International Students Office
With a global faculty and student body made up of 151 countries, St. George’s University’s newly designated International Students Office (ISO) supports SGU’s diverse campus population.
As part of the broader support services offered by the Office of the Dean of Students, ISO provides a wide range of assistance and resources to new and returning students (both on campus and studying remotely). Services include:
- Assisting students with visa and immigration inquiries;
- Providing conversational learning sessions to help students develop their English language skills;
- Supporting students with cultural adjustments and transitioning to life at SGU and Grenada;
- Hosting workshops to share tips on healthy student living; and
- Encouraging incoming students to partake in ISO’s peer mentor program.
“Our international peer mentors serve as ambassadors who meet with parents, prospective students, and international visitors from universities and other agencies,” said Rhanisha Alexander-Daniel, associate director of the International Student Office. “These meetups allow them to share their experience at SGU, while giving more insight into the history and culture of our campus.”
Students can find more information about the International Students Office on the University Portal.
ISO is located at the True Blue campus Welcome Centre. Walk-ins are welcomed or appointments can be booked for a one-on-one consultation with an ISO team member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Ray-Donna Peters