Where are you going to eat?
This is one of the most popular questions incoming students have. Luckily, St. George’s University and the island of Grenada offer a variety of dining and food shopping options on- and off-campus. Meals out typically range between EC $25–40, approximately US $6–16.
On Campus Dining
Students housed on upper True Blue have access to kitchen facilities in the dormitories, allowing them to prepare their own meals. Groceries can be purchased at the local market on campus, or head off-campus to the IGA or Food Fair super markets. You can utilize the SGU buses, which have routes to both stores, to make shopping a little easier.
*Please note that most items produced locally are reasonably priced. However, those items that are imported are slightly more expensive due to tariffs.
Dining Out/Taking In
The True Blue Campus offers a wide variety of local and international dishes for those looking for on-campus dining options. Here is a sample of the restaurants/snack bars on-campus serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
- Glovers – Open Mon-Sat, 7 am – 10 pm
- Subway – Mon-Fri 7 am -10 pm, Sat-Sun 9 am – 9 pm
- New York Style Bagels – Open 24 Hours
- Sugar Shack – Open Mon-Fri, 8 am – 8:15 pm, Sat-Sun 9 am – 8:45 pm
- Homemade Food Stalls and Bakery – Open everyday 12–3 (approximately)
- Food Trucks – Open everyday, times vary
Off-Campus Casual Dining
True Blue Casual Dining Options
- There are a few local restaurants in the area just outside of campus, which specialize in quick serve food options such as sushi, pizza, or vegetarian fare.
Grand Anse Casual Dining Options
Just before our Grand Anse campus, there is the Le Marquis complex with a variety of casual restaurants, including:
- Carib Sushi – Serves sushi and other Japanese food, as well as some curry dishes
- Nick’s Donut Shop – Donuts/pastries, and sandwiches
Other dining options in the Grand Anse area include the following:
- Kentucky Fried Chicken – Located near the Real Value Shopping Mall. There are a few other fast-food options close by.
- Le Papillion Cafe – A French Creole cafe that is a student favorite. It is located just up the road from the Le Marquis Complex.
- Umbrellas – Located right on Grand Anse Beach and serves American bar food and burgers.
Off-Campus Fine Dining Options
There are a few upscale restaurants for students who want to enjoy a nice night out. Entree prices can range between EC $50–120, depending on the restaurant. Here are some of the popular restaurants in the area:
- The Aquarium, Point Salines
- Coconut Beach, Grand Anse Beach
- Dodgy Dock, True Blue
- Rhodes Restaurant at Calabash, Lance Aux Epines
- Punjabi Indian Restaurant, Point Salines