Submit A Photo For Your University ID Badge
All incoming students will be issued an official University student ID badge. Students must use our new photo capture app to upload a picture at anytime prior to check-in. All incoming students will be issued an official SGU student ID badge when they return to campus. Student ID badges are required to access campus buildings, classes, and university transportation.
Failure to submit a photo will result in a missing photo hold being placed on your account, which will prevent your check-in.
Please follow the guidelines listed below and the instructions on the Photo Capture site. All photos will be subject to review by the Office of the Registrar.
- Your photo should be professional. This will be your Student ID badge throughout your tenure on campus in Grenada.
- Photo should be a forward-facing headshot of you—like on your passport or driver’s license.
- Your entire face should be visible in the photo and not obstructed in any way. Please do not wear sunglasses, hats, etc.
- Photo should be in focus and of you alone with no one else in the frame. Please do not use a photo of multiple people with the other people cropped out.
- Photos should be taken up against a plain surface or background and there should be a few centimeters of space surrounding your head. Please see examples below.
- Photos should be void of shadows, glare, and dark spots.
- Photo files should be a JPG or PNG file, at least 250 x 250 pixels, and less than 1MB in file size.
- Please use the following naming convention for your photo file: A#LastNameFirstName (ex. A00123456SmithAdam.jpeg)
- You can use your desktop or mobile device to upload your photo. Please note that the resizing feature on a mobile device is not as fine-tuned as on a desktop. When using a mobile device, you may need to adjust your privacy settings to allow your web browser to access your photos.
- All photos will be subject to review by the University Registrar. If for some reason your photo is rejected, you will receive an email notification asking you to upload another photo that meets the criteria mentioned above.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your photo, you will receive an email confirming your submission followed by a second email letting you know if your photo was accepted or rejected.
- Please note that a successful submission email does not mean that the photo was accepted.
- Once you have successfully submitted your photo, you will not be able to upload another photo unless your original photo is rejected.
- Photos can be rejected for the following reasons:
- Unclear photo due to blurriness or under/over exposure
- Unprofessional/inappropriate facial expressions, gestures, backgrounds, or clothing
- Photo is not of you
- Multiple persons in photo
- Insufficient or too much space between face and frame
- Face positioning not centered
- Face obstructed
- Background is too busy
If you have any trouble uploading your photo or have any questions please speak to your admission counselor directly, email email@example.com or +1 (631) 665-8500 ext. 1210