The Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology at St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine invites applications for a full-time non-tenure track, faculty position at the rank of Instructor in Veterinary Anatomy.
The successful applicant shall be available, competent and confident to:
- Teach Veterinary Anatomy to veterinary students and Biomedical Anatomy to Pre-Veterinary/Foundation students
- Participate in collaborative research projects which provide student research opportunities
- Assist in conducting and grading of examinations in compliance with the SVM Examination Policy
- Take responsibility as an adviser of assigned students
- Participate in the development of the Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine and the St. George’s University
- Serve on University, School, and Departmental committees
- Contribute to University, School and Departmental activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Department and/or Dean of the SVM.
St. George’s University (SGU) is an international university. The School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM) is an AVMA accredited institution, situated on the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has evolved into a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to Grenada. Students attending SGU enjoy the benefits of a thriving multicultural environment on the True Blue campus, offering all the amenities and technologically advanced facilities of a world-class institution. SGU SVM has approximately 600 students.
Qualifications include: DVM or equivalent degree. A Master Degree in Veterinary Anatomy is desirable. Successful applicants shall be required to teach in any division of anatomy to professional veterinary students in both the DVM degree program and the pre-veterinary program. Preference shall be given to candidates who have interest in research and willing to obtain higher degrees in the area of anatomy.
The successful candidate shall be required to engage in research efforts that provide avenues for veterinary student involvement. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. SGU is an EO / Equal Access Employer.
To submit an application: Click Application Form
Closing date: Until position is filled.
For further enquiries regarding this position, please contact:
Dr. Sunil Gupta
Chair, Department, Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology